How COOs are using technology to drive outcomes for clients and the business?
Asset managers are leveraging data and technology to enhance their competitiveness. They need their operations to maximize efficiency while being prepared to support the business’s growth into new markets and products. This remains a work in progress, with different learnings from across Asia Pacific, among global and local institutions. HKIFA, SmartStream and DigFin are organising this roundtable of buy-side COOs to share their experiences and help the industry understand the direction technology is leading us.
In this webcast panel, we will discuss:
- How A.I. is transforming the last bastions of difficult manual work, eg corporate actions and reconciliations, and what this means for productivity and adaptability in banks’ and buy-side operations
- Understanding the priority for COOs now: post-trade processing, payments, outsourcing, liquidity management, costs? How are COOs evaluating their priorities?
- How are COOs adapting to meet these needs – changes in their role, in managing and retaining teams, the skills required, how they interface with third parties.
– Rob Scott, Chief Operating Officer, First Sentier Investors
– David Ng, Chief Operating Officer, CSOP Asset Management
– Annie Lai, Chief Operating Officer, Hel Ved Capital Management
– Vincent Kilcoyne, EVP Product Management, SmartStream
– Jame DiBiasio, Founder and Editor, DigFin
Hosted in association with the HKIFA and DigFin