The buy-side faced a barrage of regulation in 2020 and is now under pressure to make post-Brexit adjustments and complete LIBOR transition by the end of 2021. To ensure compliance and ease the burden of in-house data management, many firms turned to outsourcing and managed services.
But there is more to come, as buy-side firms look beyond compliance and evolve enterprise data management strategy to support digital transformation, migration to the cloud and streamlined front to back office processing, which can provide an agile operating model and ability to drive value out of data and consume increasingly important ESG data sets.
The webinar covered:
- Drivers of evolution including digital transformation and cloud migration
- How to tackle challenges of change such as straight-through processing
- Achievable approaches to innovation in buy-side data management
- Supporting technology solutions and managed services
- Business benefits of data management evolution
- Carolyn Baker, Head of Data Management and Governance, Jupiter Asset Management
- Naomi Clarke, CDO, HUB
- Linda Coffman, EVP Reference Data Utility, SmartStream
- Kristin Hochstein, Head of Entity and Symbology Data, Refinitiv
- Moderator: Sarah Underwood, Editor, A-Team Group