SmartStream is proud to be a partner of the WatersTechnology Innovation Exchange – Technology & Transformation Spotlight event taking place on 22-25 March 2021.
The event will unite over 300 experts, practitioners, academics and industry disruptors from across the globe to focus on technology and transformation across capital markets. The conference themes have been developed after consulting with over 50 international industry experts, in its majority end-users from buy-side and sell-side firms.
Don’t forget to join SmartStream’s very own Andreas Burner, Chief Innovation Officer, for the below panel session.
The state of ML in the Capital Markets and key steps to progressing ML in your firm – 24 March, 1:00pm GMT
- How is ML being used today? What are the key applications?
- Where has ML been most effective in the financial sector, where will it be in future?
- When it comes to explainability and what regulators and clients are looking, what are the main impediments, challenges and opportunities?
- What are the common mistakes made that lead to wasted effort when it comes to ML development? How can you make ML more efficient?
- Is there a talent gap across the financial services industry when it comes to hiring engineers with AI backgrounds? Will remote work and a more spread-out workforce help to solve the talent gap, or exacerbate the disjointedness of ML development?
Moderator: Denise Valentine, Research Director, Chartis Research
Panellists: Andreas Burner, Chief Innovation Officer, SmartStream Technologies
Laura Hamilton, MD – Global Head of Treasury Technology, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Raj Solanki, Head of APAC Digital & Platform Change, JP Morgan
Andy McMahon, Machine Learning Engineering Lead for Data Innovation, NatWest Group