The forthcoming rollout of phases five and six of the margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives has brought the collateral management function at buy- and sell-side firms into sharp focus. With demands on collateral management teams escalating, firms are increasingly looking at how they improve operational processes and use technology to drive efficiencies.
Join SmartStream at this two-day virtual event, hosted by ISDA to discuss how firms can transform and streamline their collateral management operations. Complimentary registration.
Don’t miss this panel:
Automating Collateral Settlement
20 January, 11:40am EST
Reducing manual processing of derivatives margin call communication, margin call affirmation, collateral settlement and collateral transfer confirmation will decrease resource costs, improve operational risks, and reduce capital and liquidity costs. This session will describe how firms can assess their current margin call and settlement process and build a business case for implementing settlement automation.
The session will conclude with a demonstration of how industry services and processes are being used to automate collateral settlement.
- Reduce resource time/costs related to derivatives margin calls and collateral settlement
- Understand how vendors and infrastructure providers have used ISDA tools and market standards to achieve interoperability and industry wide efficiencies
- Decrease operational and counterparty risks related to derivatives margin calls and collateral settlement
- Understand how settlement automation can be expanded to other derivatives payments, such as substitutions and interest payments, and additional collateralized products
- Meeting regulatory margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives
Moderator: Wayne Forsythe, Managing Director, Head of US Collateral Operations, State Street Bank & Trust
Arjun Jayaram, CEO and Founder, Baton Systems
Trevor Negus, Senior Product Manager, SmartStream
Duncan Scott, Margin Transit Utility Product Development Consultant, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation