The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) expects the use of product identifiers (UPIs) will increase transparency in the swaps market – enabling firms to respond more efficiently to their regulatory responsibilities.
The CFTC has set the compliance date in the US for January 29, 2024 for registered entities and counterparties to use the Derivatives Service Bureau (DSB) UPIs for swaps in the credit, equity, FX, and interest rate asset classes.
Market participants, service providers, and financial market infrastructures have already expended tremendous resources, time, and effort to implement CFTC swap data reporting requirements. In this scenario, how can they ensure seamless system and operational integrations whilst remaining nimble and agile?
Jointly presented by ANNA DSB and SmartStream, this webinar provides critical strategies for how to:
- Start your preparation and take advantage of the DSB UAT
- Obtain the data and understand the workflows for the creation of UPI
- Ensure that you can link the UPI to existing symbology
- Use UPI across other jurisdictions
- Build internal knowledge and drive operational best practice
Linda Coffman, EVP Reference Data, SmartStream
Emma Kalliomaki, Managing Director, ANNA DSB