The continued growth in OTC derivatives volumes combined with inflexible and manual processing has led to confirmation backlogs, regulatory attention and constraints on the front office’s ability to allocate assets or capital to these instruments. Firms have taken partial steps to automate their operations, but need to control operational risk and cost across the complete derivatives lifecycle.
TLM Trade Process Management for OTC Derivatives addresses the post-trade allocation, affirmation/confirmation, settlement and lifecycle asset servicing needs of participants in the global securities markets.
TLM Trade Process Management for OTC Derivatives creates a scalable, exceptions-based operation that manages events over the end-to-end derivatives transaction lifecycle. It delivers:
- Enhanced operational control by consolidating fragmented post-trade infrastructures into a unified operations platform that monitors and controls the derivatives lifecycle
- Lower operational risk through automated, workflow-based software that provides a full and audited view of all trade activity
- More cost-effective operations by retiring multiple legacy systems and paper-based processes with a single solution
- Increased efficiency through proactive trade monitoring, pre-emptively alerting users to prevent exceptions from occurring
- Reduced counterparty risk through the management of all lifecycle events including novations, assignments, increases/decreases, and partial or full terminations
- Greater operational flexibility and scalability to respond to market and client demands across the range of derivatives instrument types