Duration 45 minutes
Start Time in Timezones
10:00 New York (EDT)
15:00 London (BST)
16:00 Central Europe (CET)
18:00 United Arab Emirates
How are Buyside firms dealing with the challenges of MiFID II?
The MiFID II regime has been in place for more than 18 months. During that time, ESMA and the NCAs have been evaluating progress – on the headline goals as well as on the implementation. The regulators’ attention has moved from market structure and price transparency effects to transaction reporting and trade reporting. Not surprisingly, data and the quality of data submitted by market participants has been an important area of examination.
Our panel will get you up to date on what’s gotten the regulators’ attention with MiFID II and what buyside participants in particular need to think about as the MiFID regime evolves. We will also introduce an important tool for buy-side firms as they consider their compliance needs – the SmartStream RDU Systematic Internaliser Registry.
You can expect the panel to cover some hot questions:
- What’s the latest thinking on how Brexit affects MiFID?
- How does the Senior Manager’s Certification Regime play into MiFID?
- What are the data questions – for both trade and transaction reporting - that have grabbed regulators’ attention?
- How can the SI Registry help buyside firms with MiFID compliance?
- Darren Thomas, Global Head of Counterparty Manager, IHS Markit
- Dario Crispini, CEO, Kaizen Reporting
- Chris Machin, Senior Regulatory Reporting Specialist, Kaizen Reporting
- Peter Moss, CEO, SmartStream RDU