SmartStream Technologies, a global software provider to the world’s top banks, asset managers, custodians and broker-dealers, has several vacancies for Senior Software Engineers to join our expanding team in Bristol.
Encompassing design, development and configuration responsibilities, this role will be focused on developing SmartStream’s product offering ensuring the software meets the requirements and quality standards as defined by SmartStream and the customer. This is an excellent opportunity to gain significant exposure to a diverse range of products, solutions, alongside other development teams on SmartStream’s toolkits and solutions on a global scale. This role would be ideal for any autonomous individuals looking to develop their professional experience in a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment.
Participate in the complete product lifecycle from initial requirements, definition, design, development and solution configuration through to deployment.
- Design, development, maintenance and unit testing core product source code, utilising technologies such as Spring Boot and NoSQL databases within a micro-service architecture.
- Agile approach using Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Deployment technologies
- Willingness to adopt Agile XP practices such as Pair-programming and Test Driven Development.
- Support on-going maintenance and fixes of SmartStream’s solutions and in-house toolkits.
- Promote and enhance SmartStream’s development process and quality standards.
- Work with Development Managers/Product Managers to fully understand and translate business requirements.
- Develop scalable and robust solutions, which meet the high performance and availability standards of global financial institutions.
- A passion for software development
Object oriented analysis & design
- Database schema design
- Strong Java Development skills and experience in the following:
- Scalable, concurrent systems
- JMS and/or WebSphere MQ
- Web App Servers
- Practical knowledge of SQL
- Client/Server and n-tier technologies
- Strong UI development skills and experience in the following:
- Angular / React / Vue
- Sass / SCSS / Less
- Jasmine / Karma
- Protractor / Selenium
- NodeJS / WebPack
- BDD, TDD, Continuous Deployment
- RESTful web services
- Spring & IoC
- Excellent communication skills
- Professionalism and confidence
- Dedication to team
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Strong focus on delivery
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in the banking/finance industry
- Experience in a software house/software vendor
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- SWIFT ISO15022 / 20022
- Cloud-ready system architecture
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc (Honours) Computer Science or a similar degree with significant computing bias
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary
- Private medical insurance plus life assurance coverage
- Flexible benefits platform including GymFlex, Cycle2Work and Give-As-You-Earn scheme