This is a new role in which the successful candidate will work closely with the General Counsel, Senior Paralegal and contract team to deliver corporate, transactional and contractual work in a dynamic global company.
Candidates must have at least two years of experience in drafting and reviewing technology related contracts.
Key tasks include:
- Assisting GC and working with a Senior Paralegal and contract team in preparing and reviewing contracts. Must be able to draft and perform initial review of technology related contracts including software license agreements, maintenance and support agreements, professional services agreements, distributor agreements, non-disclosure and other agreements routinely used in financial and information technology service sectors.
- Working directly with attorneys and clients during corporate transactions and commercial negotiations, referring to General Counsel as needed.
- Keeping up to date with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain computerized contract activity log.
- Respond to general requests of a legal nature as they arise, referring to General Counsel as needed.
- General knowledge of intellectual property, experience in technology licensing transaction, and proven drafting skills are a must and a prerequisite for consideration.
- Must be hands on and quick learner in a fast pace environment, with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Available immediately or in very short term.
- Strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Attention for detail, accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to work well under pressure, organize workload effectively and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with the ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex issues.
- Knowledge of foreign languages a plus but not a prerequisite.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in any discipline.
- Candidates must have at least two years of experience in drafting and reviewing technology related contracts.
- Competitive graduate salary programme.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary.
- Private medical insurance plus life assurance coverage.
- Flexible benefits platform including GymFlex, Cycle2Work, Childcare Vouchers and Give-As-You-Earn scheme.
Only applicants with technology contract experience will be considered.