This is a new opportunity for a capable Group Tax Manager to join this international business taking on global responsibilities for corporate income tax and sales taxes in all jurisdictions that we operate. The role will be the ‘go to’ person for tax matters, working closely with members of the senior finance team.
SmartStream is a global software and managed services provider to the world’s top banks, asset managers, custodians and broker dealers. The Group is owned by the Investment Corporation of Dubai and is truly worldwide with offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and the US.
Key tasks include:
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns; a combination of local finance presence in Asia Pacific and India and external suppliers will assist with non-UK jurisdictions.
- Point of contact for technical tax matters.
- Meeting deadlines for submission of returns and payments.
- Improve the transparency of the impact of tax in the Group by developing and undertaking appropriate analysis and forecasts.
- Identify and track tax issues, ensuring a proper briefing of issues.
- Identify improvements and efficiencies; reduce dependence on 3rd party tax advisors / suppliers.
- Ensure key processes related to tax are documented and fit for purpose.
- Create and maintain relevant documents, including transfer pricing and inter-company flows.
- Provide relevant tax reporting to the parent group, Investment Corporation of Dubai.
- Undertake project work and provide ad-hoc support on all tax matters to the business.
- Hands on whilst also able to identify and manage key issues.
- Strong tax knowledge (does not need to be an expert on all aspects of tax as advisors are used in material matters or international areas).
- Ability to know when to obtain external advice.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- A practical approach, as the finance team internally has multiple priorities.
- Qualified with a proven tax record in corporate tax, including an international environment, which might have been gained from working in a similar in house tax role.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary.
- Private medical insurance plus life assurance coverage.
- Flexible benefits platform.