SmartStream are looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced Pre-Sales Consultant to join a growing team based in London as part of a global team. The role will involve working closely with prospects, clients and alongside Sales Executives, Account Managers, Product Management and other senior stakeholders in order to provide assistance and support to client presentations, workshops and providing technical insight for SmartStream’s wide product offering.
Pre-Sales consultants at SmartStream are the link between a customer’s technical requirements and the correct implementation and delivery of SmartStream’s solutions. They will utilise their technical expertise within a sales process to rapidly prototype and deploy solutions to present solutions to customers.
This role requires proficiency in communication, combined with a passionate and in-depth ‘product expert’ level of technical knowledge. The Pre-Sales team at SmartStream are given every opportunity to extend their professional skills and to become deeply involved and engaged in all elements of the sales process.
Some travel will be required as part of this role.
- Provide technical expertise in the pre-sales process in collaboration with sales team
- Delivering tailored and relevant technical demonstrations of SmartStream products.
- Running formal Proof of Concepts from their inception through completion, ensuring that the customer achieves well defined.
- Success Criteria, receives technical answers swiftly and is given proactive support.
- Supporting SmartStream staff at industry events and customer seminars.
- Becoming a product expert in all aspects of SmartStream’s solutions.
- Responding to detailed questions in RFIs and RFPs.
- Good presentation skills and the proven ability to build quality relationships with new prospects and customers
- Excellent technical knowledge and the ability and willingness to learn as required new technical skillsets
- Experience managing large-scale IT Proof of Concepts for enterprise sized customers
- Analytical and consultative approach to client engagements
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full-time professionalism
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Pre-Sales Consultant ideally with a background in Cash Management and Reconciliation.
- SmartStreams Cash Management and Reconciliations solutions
- Solution architecture and design
- Oracle and SQL server database
- Strong SQL knowledge, data manipulation
- Application Server knowledge incl: Weblogic, Websphere, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Knowledge of JAVA programming and JMS Queuing
- Windows and Linux Server experience
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine (Virtual Box and VMWare)
- Knowledge of Cloud-based networking architecture (AWS, etc)
- Experience training clients in the use of software system
- Knowledge of networking
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary
- Private medical insurance plus life assurance coverage
- Flexible benefits platform including GymFlex, Cycle2Work, Childcare Vouchers and Give-As-You-Earn scheme