SmartStream Technologies, the market leader in capital markets trade processing solutions, seeks a Technical Business Solutions Consultant with a minimum of 5 years industry experience. This role is based in our Tokyo office.
The Japan Business Solutions Consultant is a hands-on, results oriented role supporting SmartStream (STL) Sales activities in Japan and across the Asia Pacific Region. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, good analytical skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude. The successful candidate will provide comprehension of prospect requirements and contribute the in-depth knowledge of STL solutions and technical guidance needed to bring sales cycles to successful conclusions.
- Collaborate with Sales team to understand and correlate prospect and client requirements and business drivers with the appropriate STL solution and technology
- Act as the STL Subject Matter Expert in areas of solution integration with the client's technology environment
- Leading or assist with prospect presentations and provide demonstrations of STL solutions
- Assist with RFI/RFP responses and lead delivery of ensuing solution demonstrations or Proofs of Concept
- Provide support and assistance to Professional Services regarding gap analysis and project scoping to obtain implementation estimates
- Persuasively communicate SmartStream's capabilities, vision for solutions and key competitive differentiators
- Shape competitive messaging in the proposal, ensure STL solution benefits are effectively positioned and ensure proposal terminology and tone are compatible with prospect culture and sensibilities
- Establish and maintain credibility, competency and smooth client transitions throughout the sales to solution delivery phases
- Provide clear and effective feedback to Product Management and Development teams to influence product performance and direction in clients’ favour
- Document client use cases to assist in building sales toolkits and white papers
Technical Skills Required
- Practical experience of SQL
- Knowledge of the usual Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows)
- Relational databases (primarily Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server)
- ETL Tools
- Web Application Server environments (WebSphere, WebLogic and JBOSS)
- Web Development Environments (HTML, Java Script and J2EE)
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine (Virtual Box and VMWare)
- Knowledge of Cloud-based networking architecture (AWS, etc)
- Experience training clients in the use of software system
- Knowledge of networking
Business Skills Required
Good overall understanding of business processes in the financial services industry with expert knowledge of at least some of the business areas listed below.
- Processing of Payments, Securities, FX, Equities, Derivatives, etc.
- Corporate Actions
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Reference Data/Enterprise Data Management
- Financial Messaging, including SWIFT, FpML, FIX.
- ASP and BPO solutions
Language Skills Required
- Native Japanese and strong English are essential (both written and spoken)
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent experience in Financial IT, business or sales related fields.
Minimum 5 years of experience working in the financial industry in client-facing, Pre-Sales or Technology positions.