Financial institutions continue to struggle to address post-trade inefficiencies due to manual data cleaning and management that consume financial and headcount resources. Industry utility services that enable the adoption of a single common process, underpinned by a single data model and fuelled with a single data set can significantly reduce operational costs.
SmartStream's Customised Data Services offers a cost-effective alternative through a range of services that provide integration and cleansing of data sources, with rules-based processing providing integrity checks on all incoming data. SmartStream will aggregate, enrich, reconcile and monitor multiple data types, to provide the following benefits, features and functions:
- Comprehensive Coverage of Asset Classes: A single relational data model and operating model for a holistic view of all reference data across all types and asset classes.
- Corporate Actions Data: Supporting any exchange, vendor or custodian feed regardless of format with full ISO15022, 20022 and XBRL support to create cleansed data alongside exception management workflows to determine resolution steps.
- Counterparties, Legal Entities & Multiple Hierarchies: Offers an integrated data model storing Instrument to Legal Entity relationship – Issuer, Paying Agent – with the ability to tie all the trading and settlement partners together in standing settlement Instruction (SSI) as legal entities.
- Global Markets Calendar: Providing global coverage of trading sessions, exchange holidays, bank holidays, stock exchange settlement holidays, and derivatives exchange holidays. All holidays and sessions are continually monitored and any changes delivered to users.
- Indices / ETF's and Notifications for Constituents: Monitoring Indices and ETF sources and delivering actual or calculated information in any format and in a timely manner.
- Symbology Cross Reference: Flexible mapping of internal and external data vendor symbologies allowing for easy integration of data and the ability to change data sources without obtrusive application modification.
- Historical Data: Access up to 15 years of data relating to a range of securities, prices, classification, ratings, mergers and acquisitions, and up to 10 years of symbology cross reference.
- Financial Data Dictionary: Standardising, quantifying and expediting the translation of all product documents from all exchanges, client systems, and data providers into a simplified and structured information centre.