To develop and maintain SmartStream’s Product offering ensuring the software meets the requirements and quality standards as defined by SmartStream and the customer.
- Involved in the complete product lifecycle from initial requirements definition, design, development and solution configuration through to deployment.
- Design, development, maintenance and unit testing core product source code, predominantly in Java. The main focus for this position is maintenance.
- Design and development of user interface requirements in Java using GWT (Google Web Toolkit) Develop and configure the product using SmartStream’s in house tools.
- Support on-going maintenance and fixes of SmartStream’s solutions and in house toolkits.
- Adhere to SmartStream’s development process and quality standards.
- Work with Solutions Managers/Development Managers/Product Managers to fully understand and translate business requirements.
- Work with Technical Authors to document new functionality.
- Strong Java Programming skills and experience in the following:
- Scalable, concurrent systems
- JMS and/or WebSphere MQ
- Web App Servers
- Practical knowledge of SQL
- Client/Server and n-tier technologie
- Previous experience or knowledge of at least one of the following J2EE Application servers:
- BEA WebLogic
- Previous experience or knowledge of one of the following Operating Systems:
- Competent knowledge of a RDBMS, at least one of:
- Experience in a software house/software vendor
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience with the following:
- VMWare or similar virtualization technologies
- Eclipse RCP
- Google Web ToolKit
- BSc (Honours) Computer Science or similar degree with significant computing bias
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and confident
- Team player
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Delivery Focus
- Problem Solver
- Need to have a ‘can do’ attitude to problem management.
- Comfortable in a fast moving SME environment with multiple customers and tasks.
- Works well in a busy environment and takes full ownership.
- Working in a busy software house working with multiple products, solutions and clients, alongside other development teams on SmartStream’s toolkits and solutions.
- Development Manager
- Solution Managers
- Development Teams (Bristol, Vienna and Mumbai)
- QA Teams
- Critical Response Teams
- Support Teams